Wednesday 13 May 2009

Even 'Ruder'

I just got a call from the marina. It looks like they recalculated their price to do the engine work. $350 to install a $1 washer. Wow. Makes me wanna cry.

In any case, they quoted the price and told me they'd get to it soon. I'm not sure if that means "when we get around to it" or "Quick before you come to your senses and realize we are charging you $350 to install a $1 washer." Either way, I don't have much choice here. What does B.O.A.T. stand for again?

Last night I was lazy and didn't get the bow numbers on. My own fault and all that. I'm not too worried about it though. Tonight I MUST epoxy the last board in preparation for Cetol so it can be installed on the weekend. That may lead to more sanding of various boards in the cockpit if I'm not careful.

I got an email from one of our slip-neighbours asking how much racing/cruising/lounging we had planned for the summer. When I said how much work I have lined up to do on the boat I was told that there was no way I'd get it all done. I aim to prove them wrong!

Edit to add... I just got a USB to 9-pin RS-232 converter dongle that i ordered from Hongkong. If I'm lucky, this will give me the ability to download my GPS tracklogs to our laptop after each race/cruise through the summer. I think this will be super-cool for post race analysis, and to use for cruising notes. I'll have to see if I can get the GPS and computer to talk to each other now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a minute to share your thoughts!