Friday 22 May 2009

I cannot wait for school to be done

Isn't it supposed to be the opposite?? You know, where the Moms dread summer vacation? LR & I are very involved in Girl Guides. This year, I'm a Guider, and she's in my unit. But then, she decided to help out in a unit of much younger girls. Seeing as it's building leadership skills and all that, I'm all for it. So on Wednesdays, we had one meeting, and then on Thursdays, she had another. Fine. I can handle two nights a week. Then, BB was enrolled in swimming lessons, which are on Friday evenings. Ok. We still have two nights free. Then, because LR moves up a level in Guiding next year, she was invited to join the older girls for the rest of the year. Ok, so now she's up to Girl Guides on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. On Thursdays, the meeting start at 6:30, and I get home at 6:00. So that was a bit of a rush. Thankfully, that was the group that ended first, a week ago.


LR comes home a few days later and says "my friend wants to know if I can go to Powerplay with her on Thursday nights, since Sparks is done."

And then, I think that a small part of my brain snapped.

She was told no, as she hasn't been going all year anyway.

This week marked the end of Pathfinders (Tuesdays), and next week... next week marks the end of Guides. We are having a bonfire. In my backyard. With 13 Guides, 12 Brownies, and four leaders. I have a headache just thinking about it.

I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a minute to share your thoughts!