Monday 15 June 2009

Crud.

So this past weekend we were at a wedding from Saturday through Sunday. No Sailing time at all. Before we left though, I slipped up to the marina on Friday to get in some rig tuning and a test sail.

The Friday sail was wonnerful, and after we got in, I went and talked with other folks around the marina, and hung out till after midnight. I figured SWMBO wouldn't mind since she was hosting a girlie thing at our house that involved white wine and macrame (or something like that).

Anyway, sometime after midnight, I realized how late it had gotten, so I stumbled down the dock, buttoned up Iris and headed for home.

Fast forward to Sunday dinner time when we got home from the wedding...

The phone rang about 1/2 hour after we got home. It was the Commodore of the sailing club... Apparently I left the VHF radio turned on full volume all weekend. Of course after midnight on Friday no one was talking on it, but through the rest of the weekend, everyone in the marina had to listen to the noise from my slip.

Oops. We made an emergency trip to the marina and shut it down - 2 days after it should have been shut off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a minute to share your thoughts!