Thursday 18 June 2009

Milestone Reached

I'm not sure if this counts as a 'mama milestone,' or a 'big-kid' milestone.

Last Friday night, I 'hired' Chuckie to babysit the Buddy.  I was in the backyard with a couple of frineds having a campfire, so if all hell broke loose, all she had to do was holler out the door for us.

So last night hubby & I both had to attend a meeting at the church, about fifteen minutes away.  The meeting started at 7:30, so I put BB to bed around 7:20 (40 mins earlier than normal), and left the kids alone.

This is the first time that the Buddy has been with a sitter under the ago of 28.  And the first time that Chuck has been home with another child.  She's been left home alone before, and she has taken her babysitting course... But this was her first real chance.

I had serious trepidation about leaving the baby.  The diaper bag was packed and in the car, so that if I changed my mind at the last minute, I could just bring him along.  This is why I say, I'm not sure if it was me reaching the milestone in feeling ok to leave him, or if it was Chuck reaching the milestone, in being able to babysit.

Either way, it's nice to have a bit more freedom now!!

1 comment:

  1. Its both hon. And it won't get easier for a while yet. The youngest person the kids have ever been left with by me is 16, Nicole, one of the girls you met. That and the fact that I just couldn't come up there to babysit for two hours.

    ReplyDelete

Please take a minute to share your thoughts!